Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This is a 1st

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Charrua, Sep 14, 2016.

1. #1 Charrua, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Hi all, just got my L's today and wondering how I got here. Two weeks ago I was over mates place that I haven't seen for a while, when he tells me he had purchased a bike and I said mate I've been wanting to do this like forever. He told me about this forum and I started the ball rolling or should I say wheels turning. So a big thanks to Sardo for that little nudge mate.This has been a long time coming since I was 8 yo at the Easter show when I jumped onto a motorbike ride and I new I had to get one.... 40 years later still waiting. Mind you, 10 years ago a bought a motorbike jacket with full intention of getting a bike and life got a bit busier and that jacket now belongs to my brother in-law. Well the wait is over, I have never ridden a motorised two wheeler before until Monday this week when I went for the pre-learners course and today I passed my L's. So here I'am bike-less, cashed up and ready to give it a go. Dont know what bike to buy as yet but the itch is intensifying so much so that I need to scratch it soon. I've been looking at the BMW f650gs as a starting point it seems to suit my style and personality. I'm a very out doors person and living in the Southern Highlands I'd say a fire trail here and there is the go even some solo camping. Well wish me luck I'm a bit scared of course but really excited to learn and any input from the members here would be of great advantage. I cant believe this is happening and I'm like a little kid again...

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Awesome mate, you won't regret it!

Oh and welcome to the forum.
  3. Welcome back to the world of bikes and also to the forum.
  4. Hey CharruaCharrua, welcome.
    As always, envious of the guy going bike shopping. Have fun.
  5. Welcome mate
  6. welcome aboard :)

Congrats on the Ls :) good luck on your search for a bike :)
  7. Hello and welcome.
    Your avatar has a spelling mistake. It should say 'when you're bikeless'. you're being a contraction of you are, your is a possessive pronoun.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. what about
    when your cakeless ?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Welcome to NR - sounds like you're ready for an adventure or two ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Same.
  11. same same
    but different
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome to the forum CharruaCharrua I hope "you're" not bikeless for long and I hope "your" missus can forgive me for nudging you. :p
    • Like Like x 3
  13. very close friends are we ?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. We've never shared body heat if that's what you're suggesting. Our respective wives have been friends since childhood so we've been mates for decades (which I know doesn't really count for much with the average member age of this forum :whistle:)
  15. its ok
    as long as no eye contact is made
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. a little scared is a good thing imo ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. #17 Charrua, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks all for your welcome messages... forgiven I'm sure... going out to check a Gs tomorrow before work seen a few bikes keep going back to the beamer its just the start.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Welcome mate! :cool:

Good job SardoSardo :)
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Isn't that one of the rules of the Bro code? No eye contact during a devils three way?

Anyway. Welcome to Netrider CharruaCharrua
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1