Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This indicator?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by mattb, Nov 8, 2010.

1. G'day All.

I like the look of this style of indicator for the rear of my SR500, but I notice that it only has one wire coming out. It's been so long since I took off the stock indicators that I can't remember how they were set up, but the indicators I've used all have two wires, which matches the pair coming coming out of the bike for each indicator. Anybody know how I'd wire these up? Or whether I easily enough could do so?

2. If the indicator only has one wire, the earth return is presumably through the indicator body. Hence, the indicator body will need to be in electrical contct with the frame of your bike.

The two wires sticking out of the bike will be a power feed and an earth return. Earths are usually (but not invariably) black, sometimes brown, depending on the whim of the manufacturer.

So you need to connect your power feed wire to the wire in the indicator, and ensure that either your earth return wire is connected to the indicator body (under the securing nut?) or that the indicator body is in contact with bare metal on your frame.
  3. Thanks Pat.
  4. +1 to Pat