Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This Ice-cream tastes like sh*t!!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by cossie, Oct 27, 2008.

1. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24552137-1242,00.html

You'd have to be a real pain in the arse customer to be served a complimentary bowl of human feaces. :shock:

I spent a lot of time in that pub when I was backpacking, I'm just glad I stuck to the beer!

2. A pub with food that good and an international reputation could not afford such an event, no matter how much of a pain in the neck the customer was. This is a grab for money by this opportunistic couple, nothing more. When the manager visited their home and asked for a sample of what they had taken away, so he could have it independently tested, they refused......
  3. Yep staying on the P1SS gets my vote too.
  4. I will be VERY interested to know the final outcome of this situation. I cannot believe how pissed off that manager must be, because a story like this is devastating to the business, no matter whether it is true or not.
  5. :WStupid:
  6. that hotel is on the top three most violent venues in sydney isn't it?

has a pretty average reputation already i reckon
  7. Had.
    They actually cleaned up their rep a few years back and totally revamped it.
    Methinks that maybe the old crowd they had gotten rid of are behind this scam.
  8. read it in an in the daily paper that was published, will see if i can find it, was a matter of months ago, probly a bit of a beat up but they were only closely beaten by the mean fiddler up north...

5 or so gigs there was enough for me, got sick of idiots trying to break our stuff
  9. So a woman with a baby in nappies finds some poo in her ice cream???

I wonder what had the higher probability of last touching poo, The mother's fingers or the CBH's kitchen staff & their icecream scoop.

I reckon this is a good old stitch up to get some cash!
  10. That is soo bullshiet. It was all a set-up, notice after she ate it, went to the toilet to throw-up, swearing blah blah. Then shortly after the wife and her husband said to the Pub to give them $1,000,000 and they will shut up and be hush hush about what happened.

Fu*kin derro's, do anything for a buck. They wont get a cent, wait till the tests come through.
  11. Didn't this happen weeks ago, the tests have already confirmed it to be human excrement.

Who it originally belonged to is unknown at present.
  12. I actually believe her story. Clearly she is a biatch and probably did try to get some hush money, but the fact she was a biatch was the reason the staff did it in the first place.

It happens to pushy, rude customers, though usually it's spit. Some kitchen hand didn't think through the consequences.

I'd still eat there, because it's never going to happen again there.
  13. And [I assume both of us] show proper respect and manners to people who prepare food for us out of sight.
  14. At last report the chef had resigned so there may be more to this that you think Paul. I'm inclined to agree with ibast here.
  15. I don't think they would be pushing for the CCTV footage that the publican has already seen and agreed it shows the incident, if they knew it would show them planting their own poo.
  16. This whole thing stinks
  17. Everyone I know who's ever worked in a commercial kitchen (and, thinking about it, that's a high proportion of my accquaintances) is always scrupulously polite to catering staff.

An example worth following, I think.
  18. The rules of the game in the kitchen, if you want to get back at a rude customer, is that you do something which ONLY you and the staff know about, and which the customer can neither discern, NOR trace back to you or your colleagues. This does not fit that profile.
  19. #19 VTRAffair, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  20. being as the customer is associated with a rival premises, i'm inclined to believe this is a 'discredit the other business' attempts by the customer.

i'll wait to see how it all pans out but my guess is the whole thing is crap