Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This game seems all too familiar

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by jd, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Stumbled upon this motorcycle courier game from Japan:
    http://www.crest-cs.co.jp/shtml/dl_contents/rider/contents/dl_rider.shtml

The actual control of the bike is straightforward - it's all done with the mouse and you're only going in one direction. What makes it interesting is the taxis changing lanes erratically, boxes falling from trucks and cops hiding waiting to book you for running red lights or speeding (yet ignoring the piss-poor driving of other vehicles). Just like real life.

Everything's written in Japanese, so it did actually take me a while to work out why I was getting stopped by the cops (again seems a lot like real life :LOL:). The head check buttons (left and right mouse buttons) also come in useful to avoid swerving into a bus. There's 6 bikes to choose from which are obviously copied off real models - including what looks a lot like a Spada. Think I'll be sending a copy to a few non-riding friends so they can get a taste of what it's like outside the metal box.

2. i see filtering doesnt work :LOL:

basically just ploughed into the back of 2 vehicles at 70kmh :LOL:

3. awesome find jd

although it did take me 10 min to work out how to open the actual game.

4. Love it :grin:
    Got me and my bro off need fro speed for a little while !
    I talso took me 15 minutes to download and play it :wink:

5. Yeah I thought about posting the page that had the download itself but it looked like one that was only valid for a set time period.

Well that and the fact that if I had to work it out then so should everyone else :p :LOL:.