Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

this friday 11/10 - police amnesty on speeding!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by slyfox, Oct 11, 2005.

1. excerpt from the age today-

:biker:

so who's meeting on the monash for some ghost rider action? :p it's a pity it's ambiguous since they will still be 'performing work [included in] their job description'

is a speeding ticket a penalty notice? and if not what are they so i know what i can get away with :twisted: :D

thanks tim holding, you rock!

2. I'd bet private camera operators will still be out, and the fixed camera cash machines will still issue fines... :evil:

3. Are you kidding or what?
    (licks lips)

Just happens to be when a lot of folk will be heading for Phillip Island too...

4. I think you'll find that a speeding ticket isan Infringement Notice, not a Penalty Notice.

5. I still think that there will be a LOT of police lurking around Phillip Island.

6. I'd still be carefull... For example, does this mean that they won't be issuing tickets from speed cameras where the photos were taken on this day, or when the film is collected on this day? I reckon it's a bit too ambiguous to go relying on anything. I'd be sticking with the 'Don't get caught' technique...

(Not that I'll be speeding - I will be FAR too new to it all to be speeding [smirk]... besides, it's illiegal... ;) )

7. well hopefully the weather is good cos i will be headin to the island on friday.

8. cover up your rego , that takes care of the camera's
    and having the rego covered they wont pull you over or if they do you will only get a warning .
    free for all .......whooowhoooooooo :LOL:

9. good idea mate :D

10. +1