Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Third time's a charm (new job)

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Shambles, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Well as the title says, I have a new job and I can finally leave the rat infested workplace.

After much searching for the perfect job (I was going to jump too quickly for fear of ending up in a worse job), I landed the third job I applied for. :woot:

So as of next Thursday I can kiss my old work colleagues goodbye and say hello to a more progressive workplace with the extra benefit of being much better paid. :grin: So my new job will be as the Fundraising Co-ordinator for one of the top 10 charities in the world.

Now I just have to find a way to fill in my last few days at work while trying to make myself look like I am doing something :?

Also thanks to everyone who gave me advice on how to deal with the tricky situation I encounted at work. ( https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29260 )

2. Congrats on the new job…Fingers crossed it is as good as you hope it is!!!! :cool:

3. Best wishes in your new employment Shambles :grin:

4. Go get 'em Shan!
    Hope you find some direction with this one.

5. Got any sick leave to use up?

6. congrats man. sorry to read about how you were treated in your old job. that sounds tormenting to the soul.

let us know all about your first day please.

stump it up! :cool:

7. Congrat's!! All the best with it :)

8. Congratulations, that's great news! :grin:

9. Congrats there bud, looks like we both have good news to goss about ;) :grin:

10. whats ur good news bog?

11. Yah! Awesome news for you Shan :)

But the big question ...

... which one is it?

And of course ... does 60% of your salary go to administrative and advertising costs, like 60% of every dollar we donate to it ? :p

12. Wow ... your finally no longer a virgin? :LOL:

13. :cry: you said you weren't gonna tell anyone, theres no man i love more than you baby.............. :LOL:

14. Goodie, so when are we going to catch up for a good old goss, I only got to hear half the story last time. :(

Ahh, now that would be telling. But I will say they have branches across the world and are the leading provider in their area of specialty and it's not an overseas aid agency.

15. congrats shannon, hopefully you treat your work mates nicer at this place :p ;)

16. well done and good luck Shambles, hope its everything you expect it to be!!! :grin:

17. Does that mean any more job opportunities we send you are going straight to the recycle bin? :)

Congratulations, Shannon!

18. this is bloody fantastic news shambles. well done mate and good luck.

by the sound of it, my best friend does similar work to you (fundraising/marketing/annual-report-writing/tendering for the not-for-profit sector), albeit she now works as a freelance contractor. so if your organisation needs any outside help, let me know and i'll put you guys in contact.