Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

third party liability with fire and theft????

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by eb six on boost, Jul 26, 2007.

1. hi, im did an online quote 2 months or so ago with an insurance company that i cant remember (i think it was nrma).
    they had the normal third party and the other that covers fire and theft also.
    was only about $15 per month more than normal third party.

does anyone know of a company that does it????
    ive tried the following webs, nrma,gio,aami.

hope somone can point me in the right direction.

2. I find it unlikely that a fire ant could steal your bike. I understand they can lift approx 50 times their own weight but seriously a bike would be more like 80 times their weight. At least.
  3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. TPF&T isn't readily available on bikes, and if it is, it's similar pricing to full comp insurance.

Rumour has it the reason behind this is the number of dodgy claims made on TPF&T policies: ie, crash your bike up Reefton, leave it there then report that someone stole it. :p

Personally I just think that theft is such a high risk on bikes that inflated premiums are a given.
  5. It is available in bikes and is usaully a 30% discount off Comprehensive
  6. Really? I've never found it to be that different. Usually it's $100-150 cheaper (and my usual quote is over $1k :p). Personally, I'd just say bugger it and pay the extra for full-comp, if you're leaning that way.
  7. .........