Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thinking 'bout K6 GSXR 1000

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by dibszxr, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Hey guys,
    After having my old bike stolen a few weeks ago, im going to use that as an excuse to buy a brand new bike, namely the K6 GSXR 1000.
    I have a few questions for those of you who own or who have ridden one.
    Im 6ft and come in at nearly 100 kilos and have heard that the bike can be a bit uncomfy. This bike will get me to work and be used for mid-long rides on weekends. Also, how long will the tank last with soft/hard riding.
    Thanks, and any other notes on this bike would be appreciated.

2. i am around 6ft 1 and a few kilos heavier than you. I would be looking for a different style of bike for a commuter. I actually believe the ZX10 is the most comfy litre bike, and i rode that for 10 min and was so uncomfortable. But in the end it is always your decision. And if you do by the k6 i reckon they are a great looking bike. :grin:
  3. im in the same boat except i have a k4 1000 and am looking at trading it on a k6.k4 is awesome but i am very keen for a black k6
  4. The K6 is a great bike -> refer to reviews

But on very long rides i can be a little unconfortable that's just sitting on it.
    But once you hit the corners you just move that gixxer ass like anything.
    Hangling is great.

I'm about 5ft 10 and it's not too bad but i must say the bike feels tiny for a 1000.

You can't tell use you sit and try out the bikes in person, but between the gix, honda, yamaha, triumph. i would say the seating postion is quite comfortable.

the least i've gotten out of my tank was 180k with reserve still remaining. That's staying in low gears high revs.
    and i think i did about 220-240 on commuting.. via is in the city too so should get more out of a tank.
  5. Gel seats are available for the gixxer.