Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thinking about an Elite Camper Trailer, behind an '07 Tiger?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by winaje, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Hi all. We are looking at a 2007 Triumph Tiger later in the year. But we're also interested in an Elite Camper Trailer, and I'm wondering if the Tiger would tow it ok? Trailer is advertised as weighing about 135kgs.

www.elitecampers.com.au

Also, does anyone here have any experience with the Elite?

Thanks, Will

2. Trailer

A 1050 Tiger shouldn't have a problem towing the trailer as they have plent of mid-range & I'd probably suggest to fit 1 tooth down on the front sprocket or go up 3 on the rear. That will give you better take-off & you're not likely to need top speed pulling the trailer.

3. Thanks for the reply. Sounds good regarding the reduction in gearing, I'm not interested in top speed anyway. Most of the time the bike is going to be used for commuting from Lilydale to East Hawthorn and return each day, so the extra jump off the line would be good as well.