Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Sir Skuffy, Mar 25, 2008.

1. #1 Sir Skuffy, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    THis is something I came across and thought people may find it valid.

Ride safe.

2. THere arnt too many motorcycle saftey ads in Australia are there? Only that one about protective clothing, thinking there should be more aimed towards drivers looking out for bikes.

3. That is a fine piece of work. It concentrates on what you should do, positive rather than negative.
    As any experienced rider will tell you, all of those situations actually are signposted in the real world. You've just got to learn how to recognise them.
    I s'pose that's the point.

Actually, Brk, the TAC have flogged a couple of ads telling drivers to look out for motorcycles for a couple of years now. Haven't noticed? (neither have drivers...)
  4. It's a pity we dont get ads like that here.
  5. Looked like a miserable place to be riding though.

Poor Poms, no wonder why so many of them move to Aus, (like 2 of my neighbors) (im assuming its the UK)
  6. #6 span, Mar 28, 2008
  7. Agreed,

Australia needs to focus less on the gore and more on the "education" of identofying possible causes.

8. #8 zilly, Mar 28, 2008
  9. #9 span, Mar 31, 2008

My mistake. Isn't it sad that I've never seen it?

There needs to be more funding for campaigns like this - I think its a good ad and conveys it's message well. IF only it would get enough support to appear on tv regularly...