Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Think! UK's new anti drinking commercial

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by robsalvv, Jun 6, 2013.

1. = = =
    What did you think....
  2. Without the text at the end it doesn't make sense.
    Even with the text at the end it is still too discombobulated.
  3. You'd need a stiff drink after seeing that.
  4. Unrealistic. Three men in a row wouldn't wash their hands.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. They are obviously drunk :)
  6. No need. I don't wizz on mine.
  7. It's cleaner than any of the pub bogs I remember. But then, I rarely drank in the kind of pubs where the clientele wore suits.

Seriously though, it's short, sharp, mildly humourous, assumes its audience to be bright enough to make the necessary mental connection to grasp its meaning and doesn't do the handwringing "won't someone think of the children?" shit so I'd say it pisses all over most of the rubbish we get here.
  8. Can't wait for the parody adds
  9. Makes me think its been far to long since a night on the lash.
  10. I think it's pretty crap and meaningless

they are also running a radio ad about the financial cost of losing your license through drink driving. the problem with that one is that anyone who already thinks of the consequences probably doesnt drink, and those that do drink are never going to think about the consequences.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed as Think! have a pretty good track record with their ads.
  11. Pretty subtle... Maybe good for the British.

Years ago someone noticed the difference between anti-drinking billboards. We had "If you drink then drive, you're a bloody idiot", the Americans had something like "A drunk driver is a criminal" and the British had "Don't drink and drive, please!"

I like the Australian way.

Funnily enough, when I told an American friend about this, his response was "Really, you guys say bloody idiot on billboards?" :)
  12. Smashing a face through a mirror is subtle?
  13. Probably more appropriate to anti-hallucinogens :cautious:
  14. Might not be subtle......but having lived there.....I can tell you - It's pretty well British.