Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Think the RTA is missing out on a money spinner.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by PhilC, Aug 15, 2008.

1. I'm booked for my pre-learners course at the end of September when I return from my holiday. I intend to take advantage of my only slightly advancing years and skip the 3 months on my L's, moving straight on to a full license.

Given the wait times for courses at the moment I figured I'd call and book my Pre-provisional course / test for two weeks after the pre-learners.

Unfortunately the RTA's system needs to have evidence of the person having their L's before the booking could be made. I understand the reason for it, but I had figured they could book it in and if people didn't pass L's they could charge a rebooking fee.

2. well aren't we just the party pooper. while your at it feel free to transfer all your money to my account. you book it online not them so the only re-booking fee would be paid to yourself. if you pay you it isnt quite right now is it ?. you can get into the P's pretty quick anyway.. now get out there and have your holiday and get on with getting on the road.