Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Things you see.... and thanks

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Jem, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Hi,

So I am waiting to turn left into Surry Road in Melbourne yesterday in the cage, look right down the hill to see what traffic is coming before I turn. See a bike coming up the hill and think plenty of room for me before he gets here.

Take a closer look and think hmm he looks a bit unstable I might just let him go past as I am only going to buy some rolls for lunch. So bike goes past and I see that the rider has a pillion on; make the turn and notice that the bike has an L plate on the back......

So two things I think about -

1. While I understand it might be tempting to take your girl on the back of your bike while resticed at least have the smarts to take the L plate of.

2. More importantly thanks to reading this site and now in the process of getting a bike has made me much more aware of what else is going on around me on the road. I have found that I am now driving the cage like I am on a bike and I would have to say it has made me if not a better driver then at least one who is much more aware of bikes.

So thanks all.

Cheers Jeremy
  2. wise move to learn from others mistakes.
  3. I wonder about those riding obviously non-LAMS bikes with plates on the back...
  4. I used to ride an xvs650 whilst on my learners, never showed the plate tho, but still shat myself when a vic pol was near by, mind you, 2 months later they made the LAMS list and phew.
    NEVER took a passenger till I was comfortable about doing so, even then, I did not realise how much difference another person on board changed the bikes characterisitcs.. Might do a couple of learner 'pillion' rounds one sat morn prac session. As summer draws near