Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Things to see/do

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by chani, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Ok, I want to ride to places I've never been before, or that are places one must see, preferable VIC/Eastern SA/Southern NSW.

On my list already:

The Spurs (never been as yet!)

I'm planning a road trip:

G.O.R then Shipwreck Coast to Portland to see the relos.
    Portland to Mt. Gambier just for the Blue Lake, haven't been there since I was a kid.
    Mt. Gambier to Mildura to see Dad.
    Mildura to Broken Hill & back.
    Then back home to Melbourne, probably stop at Dads holiday house in Wycheproof.

Give me some suggestions & reasons why & what I can look at. Not too touristy, but I like interesting things, galleries & such!
  2. HAHA I live in Romsey, why do you want to go there?
  3. Chani, PM me when you coming up to see your Dad. Should be able to organise a coffee or something.
  4. Not very many twisties between Mildura and Broken Hill.....
  5. OMG Chani

I have a cousin who lives in Rainbow so I know the area around Wycheproof thru to Horsham well. :)
    I could suggest a ride thru the beautifull riverina area but it could be a little out of your way.....have a good one anyway :cool:
  6. Come back via Grampians. Around Zumsteins is some nice riding and spectacular rock formations like elephants back I think its called?The only other place you get similar topography in Vic, is around Mt Buffalo that I have seen.
  7. Well, if you're planning on going through Western NSW, you might like to detour a bit through Lake Mungo NP.
    Try and fit in Gariwerd (Grampians) in Western Vic, too.
    (oops, Movin beat me)
  8. How do I do that fancy mulitple quote in a post thingy?!

I just got back, so it won't be for a few months now. But I certainly will. Looking ot move pu there when the lease here is up, so June/July!! I'll need a few friends!

I can't believe I left The Grampians off!!! I was telling Mum on Saturday I wanted to got to Halls Gap.

Nightgash: I want to go to Romsey because I want to go to Hanging Rock & Romsey is close to the city & Kilmore, where I'd probably stay! & it's all in the same area pretty much!

Hahah, yeah, I know Hornet, but I've always wanted to go to Broken Hill, & it's not THAT far from Mildura, so I might as well!

Titus: Lake Mungo?! I'm interested! I've not heard of it before!
  9. :shock: I'm originally from Rainbow :cool:
    My family used to own the pub (the eureka)

And I have lots of family in Horsham too.