Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thicker soled boots for shorter riders?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Speed Dealer, Jun 3, 2014.

1. My old man has just bought a BMW R1150t but is on his tip toes sitting on it. He's looking at getting the seat shaved a bit, but in the mean time, can anyone recommend a pair of motorcycle boots with a thicker sole? He currently has Sidi race style boots, not sure if you can safely get them resoled with a thicker sole? He's not keen on lowering the bike.

2. Maybe grind off just enough of the rubber to make the sole smooth, then add a thick rubber layer?

3. Not sure if he wants to fork out $$$ for boots, but here is male equivalent of the Daytona boots I have. They've been great for me (being short and all), are waterproof and really comfy. Only downside is that They're a bit heavy which takes some getting used too, plus some slight adjustments to foot position due to the extra few inches of rubber. I also like that a jolly German hand made my boots :]

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/daytona-m-star-gtx-boots

x

4. Depends on whether he wants to stick with sports style boots but if not, I think Defender boots come in a cruiser style with some protection and a reasonably chunky sole.

5. If he has the legs for it :)

boots.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Get some heel lift inserts. should be able to add a few inches

WIMZLx4.

7. #7 Jeffco, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    I was in this shop recently & when I asked what was the best way to get a few extra inches they tried to sell me a pump :wacky:

• Like Like x 2
  8. I found the Daytona boots made gear changing a hit and miss exercise.

9. GreyBM said the same thing. He couldn't use his at all bc he couldn't get his toe under the lever, even when adjusted.

10.  Top