Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

They're a bit different in the NT!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TonyE, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Boy caught driving armed and towing dead donkey
    By Tom Nightingale
    Updated October 15, 2011 01:01:38

Northern Territory Police say a Central Australian man will face court after his 13-year-old son was caught driving a damaged vehicle with a loaded rifle in the front seat and towing a dead donkey.

Police pulled the vehicle over on Coniston Road, about 160 kilometres north-west of Alice Springs, about 1.30pm on Thursday...

Full story at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-14/20111014-armed-donkey-drive-boy/3572226?section=nt
  2. Heh, that's classic. Makes you wonder about today's parents, though...
  3. not really, it's the outback. That is fairly tame in all reality. Kid has probably been driving since he was 8 and shooting since he was ten. And how else do you get the donkey back home when you're not strong enough to lift it onto the tray?

4. Fucking oath the kid needs his arse kicked for this bit "and one round in the chamber."
    (other than that i don't see a problem)
  5. Bonnet of teh car had severe damage.
    I reckon the kid has hit the donkey and tried to get dads car home. and the one in the chamber he need a kick in the arse for..
  6. dude he had a bullet in the chamber... if the gun had've gone off just about anything could've happened
  7. Yep, if it was my kid I would kick his arse from here to next week for having a chambered round. As for the rest ..... meh.
  8. In that regard sure, but I get the feeling you were referring to more than just that in your first post.