Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

they want you they want you they want you as a new recruit !

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mickyb V9, Jan 15, 2009.

1. http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5262562/feminists-angered-bikini-suggestions/

We all know its a low news day story ! :grin:

But don't you think, for a reruitment drive, its worth it to see a new version of the Village People song "In the Navy" done by say . . . the PCD's or those chics in Michael Gray video clips ! :LOL:

Yes, this is a very male orientated post !
    apologies those offended.
  2. Stupid feminists.

If men were being used to attract female recruits no-one would whinge, sook and cry about it.
  3. Some people are so "ANAL"...has Aussie completely lost its sense of humour ???
  4. "The Daily Telegraph reports that Commander Tom Phillips from the HMAS Farncomb was asked by a men's magazine if "female sailors all had to be hot and had to wear bikinis, would that help recruitment?".

Commander Phillips is quoted as replying: "It would certainly get the right demographic of young men in. I'm not sure how feasible it is."

Fvck, all he did was answer a question honestly!! Of course it fkn would!
  5. "Defence Minister Warren Snowden said the comments were "utterly unacceptable".

Yes, I'm sure he really cares. He's not just saying this because he has to...
  6. That's just so wrong. I can't believe he said that!

It should be hot TOPLESS women :LOL:
  7. No he didn't. He just didn't refute the reporter's suggestion. Bloody hell, how bad have things got when you can be punished simply for not giving a PC response to somebody else's words?

No it doesn't. It reflects the magazine's view, not necessarily the Navy's. Is she too stupid to see the difference? Or does she just think that the commander is morally, ethically and legally required to voice her opinions?
  8. Talk about sensationalising in the media! :roll: Sheesh, where's the Aussie's tongue-in-cheek sort of humour these days? I really don't like these feminists who gets their nose in a stink everytime you say the word "male"....and I'm female...
  9. Cut her some slack man, she's a blond.
  10. I bet her name is actually "nEva had Cox"........
  11. I so hope they're married - just in the hope that someday, somewhere we could hear the phrase "Ladies and Gentlemen, the chair of the women's lobby missus Cox". :LOL:
  12. He answered the question with complete honesty and with excellent awareness of the attitude and personalities of those under his direct command - knowledge which is critical in a combat situation.

Anyone unhappy with his comments should STFU and go kill themselves.
  13. I've e-mailed Warren Snowden.

Probably won't get a reply, but I'll let you know if I do.

14. :rofl:
  15. For a nation of people who love to think of themselves as laid back and easy going, we are doing a pretty sh!t job of understanding what "tongue in cheek" means, and what "context" is all about.

I used to think we were as laid back as you could get, but we Aussies can be conservative prudes at times!
  16. AAhhh Fck. Nearly wet myself laughing.....
  17. Good to see the official Navy response to this beat up is to support the Commander. Deputy Chief of Navy(who I used to work for and is a fcking great bloke and one of the best senior officers I've ever had the pleasure to work for) has backed him up. Good to see and this was after the misinformed minister said it was unacceptable.
  18. My email to Eva "Never Needed" Cox:

Stupid, agenda pushing, narrow minded people give me the shits. :evil:
  19. very true on alot of topics, i really think we as a nation have gone way beyond reasonable. we need to adopt a relaxed attitude towards things (seems ironic that australia isnt anymore) like the europeans. we are people and speak from our minds, we dont need all this crap about how to live our lives. HENCE why i should be able to ride without a helmet. its my life! maybe if thats too extreme why not ride a push bike without a helmet, its my head.
  20. Speaking of political correctness....what happened to the "best bum" thread ??