Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

They use kites to kill motorcyclists now!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by [FLUX], Dec 20, 2005.

1. http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakveng/content/story/230162.html

2. :shock:

the deadly government trained assassin fits his silencer and scope to high highly accurate precision long range kite...

3. There is absolutely NO WAY that the government will ever stamp out kite flying in Pakistan. I remember standing on the rooftop of the Friendship Hotel in Rawalpindi in the evenings watching literally thousands of kites of all shapes, sizes and colours filling the skies.
    I suppose it just shows that even the most innocuous activity can turn into a threat to life and limb if it becomes popular enough... :?

4. Don't worry people. This needend happen here. I'm sure Bracksy will quick smart find a way to make flying kites safe and expensive. :LOL:

5. Remember watching a program on Global Village on SBS, where various groups actually have kite fights. The main aim was to remove your opponents kite from the air. To achieve this, some used wire leaders for the first 10 or so metres, and others glued crushed glass to the kite string. The kite operator then tried to saw or cut through their opponents kite string with their own kite string, the winner being the one who remains flying.

6. It's the motorcyclists fault.
    It's ALWAYS the motorcyclist's fault.