Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thermals & Rainsuits

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by trevnsig, Mar 7, 2008.

1. I am looking at getting a set of thermals to go under my leathers. How do the dririder ones compare to the ones from say Rays Outdoors or one of those types of shops.

I am also looking at getting a rainsuit to go over my leathers. Also looking at dryrider, does anyone know whether they work well and how these compare to other rainsuits, e.g. Ixon

Last one - has anyone got any feed back on the the Oxford Facemask.

2. I got thermals from ALDI for $20 and they are fcuking ace!

Buy thermals from an outdoor store, they are cheaper and better. :cool:
  3. I have a pair of thermal pants due to my old leather pants "shrinking" ;) Got them from Rays outdoors, wore them with my draggins and a pair of rivet rain pants over the top and stayed wonderfully warm during the icicle run 2 years ago.
  4. You don't even have to go to a camping store - around the start of winter time you can usually find them (edit: thermals) in places like Kmart/Target/BigW, even the larger supermarket chains like Coles/Safeway. Much cheaper and still just as effective.
  5. I got some dririder pants and jacket, just el cheapo stuff and it worked for my winter commutes no problems. Really cold I would wear thermals as well.

The trick is to keep the wind out! :shock:
  6. I have a motodry one piece rainsuit to go over the top of everything - it works wonderfully, keeps me very dry :grin:

I got my thermal pants from Target and they work just fine... they even look pretty cool! LOL
  7. if u want good stuff, go buy some Merino thermals. fugging warm stuff :)

on an average night, i almost overheat. when it's cold, im warm :grin:

payed a bit more for it, but hey its damn good insulating properties, and it still keeps me warm when it's wet (up to 7 times its own weight in water or some crap like that, its light lol. does still work though!)

as said before, you can have a few layers, but you needa keep the wind out. i find simply my thermals for warmth, leathers on next, and waterproof plastics over them. keeps all the wind and water out, im toasty. worked for 400km of rain, so im happy :)