Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thermals Group Buy EOI

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Folks,

For the upcoming icicle ride, I am looking to buy a set of thermals to make the ride that little bit more comfortable.

Who would be interested in a group buy of some thermals. They would be a complete set (top and bottom)?

2. I'd be interested in a set as long as they come in bat fastard sizes :)

3. *Puts hand up* What kind/brand etc?

4. details??? :)

5.  Top
  6. count me in please

7. My $0.02c worth.... Speaking as someone with not a lot of body fat, thermals are great. They make a huge difference, but I highly recommend the merino wool ones over the polypropylene. I have used both and the merino ones are much better in terms of warmth when riding. They are also pretty good when indoors, not too hot. They normally cost a fair whack (typically double the cost of synthetics), but if you buy them when Kathmandu do their twice-yearly sale thay can often be picked up for half-price. I got my merino long johns this way for about $50 and they are great.

8. :WStupid:

I've got a pair of the Merino thermal top and pants and they are great in the cold! I haven't tried the Polypropylene thermals so can't comment there...

If I was able to do the Icicle ride this year I'd DEFINITELY be wearing a full set of thermals under my gear and highly recommend a waterproof and windproof over jacket and pants!!

9. mmm im with them ^^^ merino > polypro.
    ive got both.
    them, under leathers, with water/weindproof plastics over the top, and your warm in any conditions :)