Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thermals @ ALDI next thursday 29/05/08

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Caz V1, May 23, 2008.

1. ALDI has thermals on special as from next Thursday 29/05/08

$19.99 for a 2 pce set

$16.99 per pce for compression thermals.

2. Great stuff Caz! I was tempted to buy some from Aussie Disposals today...glad I didn't. :)
  3. Rosie, make sure you get there early, they sell out of specials very fast.

They also have neck warmers with thinsulate for $2.99 :shock: :eek: :cool:
  4. I have one of those ALDI neckwarmers, GET ONE! Seriously, light and comfy, but excellent, even in teh horrible -3 Canberra mornings at 100 km/h.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. Thx Caz!
    BTW what are 'compression' thermals? :?
  6. Compression thermals are those new fancy ones that look a bit like the outfit Kathy Freeman wore in the olympics. They are often worn under leathers too. Nike or Adidas have a line of compression thermals called skins, they are all the new rage.

Rob, if you can't get to a store early, I can grab stuff for you when I nick up to the Sunbury store on Thursday morning, just let me know what ya after and I'll bring it into Willy on Monday.
  7. Thx Caz darlin :)

I'll be in touch if I need your services!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :)
  8. Is it just for Vic or is Aldi having this sale nationally? (Yes it gets cold up here too...)
  9. Thermals in Brisbane :LOL: :LOL:

I got some last year and they are great, neck warmer buy two!
  10. Do they have the antibacterial treatment? Trust me, you want the antibacterial treatment if you don't want to pong like a warthog's scrotum!
  11. Ignore my question - I checked out the website. Yes, I can get them in Brisbane.

Seriously it DOES get cold up here. Only problem is we get the humdity still. So you're cold, but sweating at the same time...
  12. That's the same anywhere. Humidity changes inversely to temperature.

Eg, it's 15 degs here and 77% humidity. Humidity was at 99% this morning around 8am when the temp was 8 degs.

Anyway, getting back to the thermals. These compression ones, why are they cheaper than the other sort? If they're all the "rage" should they not be better, and hence, more expensive?
  13. The compression thermals are $16.99 per piece
    top + bottom = 2 pcs $33.98 per set

the regular thermals are $19.99 per 2 piece set :wink:
  14. Mens or Ladies Compression Thermal Underwear
    ea $ 16.99 *

Designed to keep muscles warm, enhancing muscular performance and efficiency
    Anti-bacterial finish
    Quick dry
    Odour resistant
    Seamless for comfort
    Moisture transporting
    Pieces sold separately
    Mens or Ladies sizes: S-XL
  15. Had a look at the catalog. I wouldn't mind getting gloves too, but obviously these ones aren't suited for bikes. But what about "thermal undergloves" thin enough to go under normal gloves without giving you finger cramps? I didn't see them in the Aldi catalog, but who would sell them?
  16. Best gear is North Face thin layer polo neck liners. Works down to -20 degress no problem.
    Bit pricey though.
  17. A couple of years ago I was doing sports massage/first aid with a few footy teams. Some of the more 'serious' players loved these compression thermals to help regulate blood-flow around the body, which in result - keeps you warm and is great for any past but problematic injuryies. And yes, if they do the job properly they can be a bit expensive but if it's a brand name (such as Adidas) I've found that they take advantage of the reputation and up the price anyway.
  18. Hi Caz.

Thanks for that. I've just placed my order.

Just need to find my balaclava, which is a thinsulate type and fits well under the lid and stops my neck freezing. It's thin all the way down to the neck, unlike those that have a thick neck area. That way it doesn't make you feel like you have a neck brace on.

Now, I'm almost looking FORWARD to riding to work at 6am...

Wonder how this stuff will handle the Icicle Ride, though...