Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Them roads be slippery today...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by russ, May 26, 2005.

1. watch the roads today peoples.. they're cold wet and slippery.

had the bike sideways today. Coming out a corner I hit the accelerator (maybe to 35-50% nothing excessive) and l lost the back end which spun and slid out ...

funnily enough my first thoughts when it happend were wooo! this is fun. :LOL: then a little voice said " after this part you'll be on the ground bleeding".

luckily for me I managed to save it when the back wheel caught again. at least the audience of school kids had a good view of a nutcase rider flying round the corner sideways then hooning off.
    yeh I meant to do that that 8-[
  2. haha russ.. i took it easy.. saw three riders on the way this morn.. one red beema and one postie bike.

does anyone on this forum hoon through lambert street in richmond ? :D

3. Wave to me if you see a L plater on a black VTR with a loud staintune pipe :)
  4. good save mate. I always tiptoe in the rain, i know you can get a surprising amount of grip in the rain, but all it takes is a patch of oil or grease in the wrong place (which it always is) and its goodnight.

Better to be safe than sorry I say...

On the bike, it is sometimes hard to tell how much grip you have until it's too late. It's always scary when I put my feet down at lights in the wet, and i can barely balance it's that slippery...
  5. Nice one, sounds like you pulled a decent 'half Freddy', get the front sliding at the same time and you'll feel like a GP hero :)

'pucker up'
  6. Glad you stayed upright, unlike me two weeks ago...:cry:...

7. Yes..... Yes they were...... I saw a guy on some manner of sports bike (They all look the same to me :p ) Screaming at a driver that nearly slid into him so seems even the cars are struggling today!! :LOL:
  8. The only silliness I witnessed this morning was my own - I clipped a mirror lightly while lane-splitting at about 2 km/h. :cry:

My bad...
  9. come on tell the truth :wink: there was a bunch of skool girls and you let the little head take over, only this time you pulled it off :D
  10. Although he's still annoyed he didn't get the front wheel up too! :LOL:
  11. Unfortunate turn of phrase

:shock: :shock: :shock:
  12. I've met russ, I reckon he's the skool girl type ;)
  13. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

any presence of school girls was purely circumstantial.

and whats all this "school girl type" busines??
    I met her in a pub, she said she was 18.. honest :D
  14. hahaha i managed that without even thinking :D

russ? is it russell? i know a few blokes named russell and i worry about each of them :shock: :wink: :LOL:
  15. she even had her sister's id officer! i mean her id!
  16. The roads are slippery every day this time of year , funny that , since its winter.
  17. I was waiting for someone to come up with that reply.
    I have to admit I was ambling along this morning for my first commute from Ringwood East to Laverton. An interesting experience. The hardest bit was getting from Ringwood to the start of the Eastern freeway.
  18. timely reminder!!

i have learnt the wrong way,
    that in the wet bad drivers have enhanced super-powers,
    ... now they can attack sideways as well.
  19. having a zx12R the arse end is always a little slipery :D :D :D :D :D

but even though is a heavy beast the 12 seems to be very very predictable in the wet,

maybe its the long wheel base?
  20. slippery? surely you jest!!