Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Theist Quotes

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DisgruntledDog, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Here are some samples of Theist Quotes that someone has collected from various forums. They are truly frightening.

Click Here for More

You got it backwards. Creationism is based upon science, reason and tons of evidence. Evolution is based on the blind acceptance of superstitions and fairy tales.

CRASH, Theology Online [2006-Jul-18]

I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie

JohnR7, Christian forums [2006-Nov-04]

I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed. My son is only 16 and I really don't think he's ready to date yet. What's worse is that he's sneaking some girl to his room behind my back. I need help, God! I want my son to stop being so secretive!

Linda, Good news prayer room [2006-Oct-28]

A woman wants to abort a **** child? She should have thought of that before she walked down that dark alley without a male prescence, not to mention she should have thought before putting on revealing attire.

[Yes. It should (be legal). Otherwise you're screwing over the women who don't deserve their fate.]

Are you calling them victims now? Should've stayed in the house where it's safe.

Uberbeliever, Christian Forums [2007-Jan-24]

The other day while installing some new fiber optics cables for a satellite array I overheard some coworkers talking about quarks. Quarks are supposedly tiny particles that nobody can see and nobody has any use for. So why do we know about them? What good does it possibly do us to know what a quark is? Just another example of useless science, and wasted money on the so called research needed for this great discovery.

I seriously have to wornder about people who spend their free time thinking about things like quarks or quasars. There are more important things to do.

As far as I am concerned if an answer to a question isn't in the bible, then the you have no business asking the question. A few years ago when my wife suddenly had to get an emergency c-section I was scared. But I didnt turn to any book about quarks. Luckily I had my palm pilot with me, which just happened to have the entire King James bible on it! I read a few passages that gave me the strength to pray for her and the baby to get through this ordeal. I sure didn't need any useless trivia books about quarks to find comfort in.

I have very little use for science. In fact it is in impediment to getting close to God.

[Someone points out the obvious fact that c-sections and computers are a benefit of science.]

You are confusing TECHNOLOGY with SCIENCE.

Technology and science are often lumped together, but are totally separate and unrelated things.

Technology makes peoples lives easier. Technology is the product of inventive geniuses who were inspired by God. Inventions and innovations improve life.

Science causes confustion and makes things complicated. Everytime there is a new discovery the old discoveries and old wisdom are discarded! And theories get more and more complex. Science makes people confused and complicates things. Who is the author of confusion? Satan of course. The bible it the opposite of science. Biblical wisdom NEVER CHANGES, and anyone can get it. Scientific wisdom is always changing and contradicting itself, and really nobody gets it.

Please don't insult our intelligence by lumping science and technology together. They are as different at night and day.

spreadingtheword, 123 Christian Forums [2006-Aug-16]

2. These people are freaks! :shock:

Having said that, what's with all the Christian bashing threads round here lately?
  3. That's just scary. :shock:

And I love how technology was not created by science; it was created by technology.... And we should dare not ask questions that aren't answered in the bible...
  4. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is all....
  5. ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call the lower end of the bell curve of human development
  6. True. People feel a lot more comfortable being overtly anti Christian than anti Jew or Muslim. I say live and let live. I am sure we can find as many nutjobs of any others faiths (including atheists).
  7. I don't think it's anti Christian, it's pointing out the major nutjobs within the Christian faith. We've pointed out how nutty some muslim fundies, it just seems creationism and christian fundamentalism is flavour of the month on the forums, this will change when we have another terrorist bombing.
  8. No, I think the level of anti Christian rhetoric, in general, is far more than anything directed at the other faiths. We, as a society, seem to be fearful of the backlash whenever the other religions are mentioned.
  9. Totally agree Cejay.
  10. Making fun of Christians is a safe pastime in Australia (perhaps not so in the deep south of USA). Making fun of muslims will get a $1million bounty on your head. :LOL:
  11. Yeah, but look how easy it is. :LOL:
  12. Well, to add a little balance to it all, I don't think you'll find much difference between Christians and Muslims on most of those quotes listed above if they have the same fundamental fervour in their beliefs. Or equally fundie members of any other religion.
  13. gosh lol. some gems there. :grin:
  14. links not working for me.
    laughed at quarks and quasers bit. funny how he was installing fibre optics for a satelite array while believing that science was evil. and the way that he was scared of a c-section but had his trusty palm pilot on him.

I (and many others) would call myself a christian fundamentalist. the above just shows how important a good education is. They seem to be bordering on religious extremists rather than fundamentalist christians.

I hope someone hits the idiot who said the **** victim deserved it.
  15. Bashing the Christian faith has always been popular, and it has always had the same accompaniment; "I hope they're not right <gulp>".
  16. Do you think 'Gulp, I hope the Muslims aren't right?" Hindus?
  17. not whilever they burn Christians houses with the people inside, no
  18. i really wonder if some christians are hiding a thinly veiled sadomasochistic streak. rational discussion and analysis (ie persecution) seems to give them strength because they can pull out certain biblical that says jesus told his disciples that believing in him would bring persecution. theres always been people that just dont buy everything theyre told
  19. Being violent and being right are not mutually exclusive. The Christians have performed their fair share of atrocities too, even your God has performed genocide and infanticide.
  20. well, hypothetical genocide and infanticide, given that its a work of fiction.

unfortunately even though its fiction, a lot of very real carnage has followed.