Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thecptn goes 650

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by thecptn, May 10, 2006.

1. The moment ive been waiting for....I finaly buy the gt650, hows it go??? bloodyhellfast! here are the obligatory pics for thee to gawk at.

[IMG:152:130:ffb05e16c6]http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1371/img24153ut.th.jpg[/img:ffb05e16c6]

[IMG:152:130:ffb05e16c6]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1903/img24169xh.th.jpg[/img:ffb05e16c6]

[IMG:152:130:ffb05e16c6]http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8351/img24191sg.th.jpg[/img:ffb05e16c6]

2. Nice looking ride, very SV650. Congrats on the step-up.

Keep us updated on how she goes.

3. woooohoooo. have fun :woot: :biker:

4. congrats....i'm not jealous at all, not one bit.

5. vera narce, looks trick in blue, and you've just got to love a naked bike. Enjoy!

6. Cool ride mate!
    The future mod list:
    fender eliminator
    mini indicators
    slip on
    K&N
    jet kit
    oggy knobs
    <breath>
    drag bars
    mini tinted screen
    hugger
    bellypan
    BT014's
    big rear sprocket
    etc etc etc etc etc........ :LOL: :wink:
    Just jokes!
    Enjoy it for what it is!
    Daz. :wink:

7. Very nice - looks great in that colour. :)

If you want some ideas for mods, have a look at the current "Australian Road Rider" (no, really). They've got a streetfightered 650 as a project bike, IIRC.

8. Thanks fellas :) I picked it up with only 7k on the clock, basically brand new, the difference between the the virago...no, scratch that, even my friends cbr is phenomenal, the previous owner has put a factory sports can on the back and it just sounds...so animal, you have to hear it to understand :grin: my only gripe is that its not very comfy to ride, bear in mind that I'm coming from a comfy cruiser, being on it for 30 minutes or so results in sore wrists and forearms, some thing that I would get used to, so my friend said, well I gotta say, I love being in front of my all ricer 250 mates instead of behind :LOL: just gotta get her insured before I start ridding her about...and yes, she has a name..a girls one too :) Jasmine-Blue :grin:

9. I cant say I am a huge fan of naked bikes... But that one is nice. I'll sell you some fairings realllll cheap... HAHA nar good bike by the look of it.

P.S. Don't rag on the 250's lol :evil:

10. Fairings? what is this young man talking about? my bmx didnt come with fairings...nor will my motorbikes :LOL: nah its all good mate, me ripping on 250's? neva! look at the first pic, two 250s....and my bike has more than twice the capacity :p :LOL:

11. Very nice wheels Cptn :grin:

Enjoy the new ride and stay safe.

12. His bike (and mine) are not naked. You ride a faired (or dressed) bike :wink:
    Congratulations cptn, when are you coming on a ride?

13. Thanks guys, id love to come for a ride, though I dont know where exactly you guys ride, btw, my first victim for this evening was a evo 4 wrx, man, jasmine sure punched that little biatch out! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: bear in mind I cant yet ride this bike to its full potential..bad cptn, bad.

14. Nice bike dude, looks like you'll have a lot of fun on that :)