Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The worst sound, in the world...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by MV, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Is a Ninja 250/300 with a pipe. Sorry, but it is. Actually, I'm not sorry, this is a public service announcement. Sorry, not sorry.

Sure, your 2 Bros carbon fibre shorty muffler may have a nice meaty growl at idle, but as soon as the revs rise, it becomes an unpleasent screaming upper register ear fcuking offence that you should be ashamed of, much akin to a mewling transgender (post op) prostitute who has done the deed but not been paid.

Is that what you want to sound like?

Just don't. Tell the dealer to keep the pipe, you'd like a cheaper price & put the money into training or better gear. If you have one, take it off & throw in a lake & put your stock pipe back on. People will stop trying to punch you, your acne will clear up & you will lead a rich & rewarding life of not being an obnoxious douchebag.

I have long held this view, but it was hammered home into my brain via my eardrums last night as I cycled home on St. Georges road, as a rider was attempting to split the moving traffic, rather unsuccessfully, first accelerating hard in first gear into a gap, then braking very hard as the gap dissappeared, ad nauseum (literally) all the way up St. Georges rd, all the while going slower than a bicycle. Admittedly, slightly faster than the surrounding traffic, but if you're making the racket of a thousand dying cats being put through a woodchipper, you'd probably like to moving slightly faster than a bicycle.

Just say no. After all, if loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride the thing could do.

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. A red ninja 300 goes past me everyday on smith street at around 4:30, has a pipe, and sounds terrible.

3. Have you felt the weight of the stock pipe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lol, not worth the performance increase. Especially given you will sell the bike in 12 months and not get the money back on the mod.

5. Reason I did it, not because of performance. Just simply because the stock one look shithouse. I already knew it would sound like big whipper snipper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oh dear, do you have any idea the size of the OldmaidOldmaid Pandoras box you've just opened.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. does that mean we are condemned to listen to comments about that bloody yoshi ad nauseum? just saying

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I can appreciate the sound of a 2 stroke in full flight. Your bike does not sound like that.

• Like Like x 3
  9. People pay Yoshi money to sound like that...?

I fear this public service announcement may be far too late.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. You are a card-carrying troublemaker, MV!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I can hear it well before and well after I see it... whipper snipper's sound better.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. At least we agree it sounds crap

Proves loud pipes don't save lives doesn't it?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Oh dear Smilee, she says wiping the tears of laughter from her eyes...was that a slip of the tongue so to speak or have perchance you re-read your wording...ba ha ha :p
    Maybe magnitude would have been a significantly more ummm polite illusion to implant ;) and as to opening pandora's box...usually only on birthdays and christmas to go on the bracelet...:D

Now listen up mr MVMV, have you heard me whilst I am on a ride...my stock pipe sounded like a clapped out pacemaker...sometimes I couldn't be sure I had started the bike if the lights weren't on...there was a lot to hate there..but the yoshi...ah so so tasty...when you ride the ninj :ninja: you can hear her coming from miles away...quite a climax when you finally get home to know that everyone has heard you coming and knows that you have been out riding hard ;)

And back to pandora and her box...when ridden through a tunnel or underpass...ahhhhh magic to hear and the best thing is cagers do look in their mirrors when esp when I down shift and they then see me...so protection used during the ride =bonus! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Oh shiet..

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I've got a ninja 300 with a full yoshi exhaust. I didn't buy the bike from new, and the exhaust was on there when I bought....didn't pay any extra.

In terms of how I feel about other's opinion of me and my bike's sound?

No fcuks shall be given......

• Like Like x 4
  16. So . . . You don't like it? I couldn't figure this out from the old timer rant.
    Back in my day . . .

17. Check this guy out. He's a legend.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. lol
    checkout the damage on the plastics

• Like Like x 1

19. unnamed (12).

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Man I thought the 'Cant stop speeding' thread was going to be interesting. MVMV I salute you. You are single handedly going to provide us with so much butt hurt from ninja 300 owners that we may never recover from laughter

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3