Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The "What's the story here?" thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I don't know about you, but I'm endlessly fascinated by the small details of things you see every day; a shoe thrown over a power line, or a sock in the middle of a pedestrian crossing, for example.

So I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where you can post pictures of strange things you see, under the idea of "What's the story behind THAT??".

Simple rules.

No stuff ripped off the internet, or something someone has sent you, just photos you have taken yourself.

Nothing staged or set up; just things you see and photograph for this purpose.

Doesn't have to be motorcycle-related (which is why this is in off-topic).

Here's a start

I spotted this in my local shopping centre just last night; weird people these four-wheel-drivers. Or maybe there's the rest of the child in the radiator :LOL:.
  2. I suspect small child was playing around the vehicle and stuck it's thong in there and nobody's noticed it's there.

Or older sibling with nothing better to do (in the way of kids)
  3. i got nothing on me but will be sure to post the next 'odd' thing i see
  4. I've no doubt one or the other, or perhaps the owner has a quirky sense of humour.

Either way, get out there on the lookout for these sorts of things, photograph them and post them up; share the giggles.
  5. Pretty sure this used to be (or still is) an indicator for a drug dealership.

Bit like a red light for other reasons.
  6. the shoes on the line has been
    drug dealer
    gang boundary
    location of death of gang member.
    just bored pissed people nicking stuff out of vinnies bins
  7. I guess it's possible that something was vibrating or hitting against something else and the thong was stuffed in there as a dodgy repair...
  8. did you check that the rest of the child wasnt wrapped around the axel?
  9. nice cooked kiddie on the exhaust.. tastes like chicken
  10. I am 8 million% certain that Bravus is correct on this one.
  11. I find it humorous that you actually stopped to take photos of a dodgy repair to stop a headlight cover from vibrating. :LOL:
  12. at least it made you smile..