Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The way we were too

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by resurrection, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Firstly apologies to Paul for pinching his post title. :)
    (I thought it might attract the right people to supply info on the rider pictured.)

My bro in law came across it in a house he was working on and upon asking for it, was granted custody. He passed it onto me.

It's actually almost poster sized on photo paper, so I assume that it was once owned by the rider or close family.

The name is semi familiar to me and I'm thinking that the 'D' could be Dean.

And Bashams, I seem to remember were a SA motorcycle shop way back when.

I think the pic is taken at Adelaide International Raceway, Virginia

Mid 70's?

Anyone?

Scown.

Cheers,

2. Dean Scown. The name is familiar anyway.

The bike is a Yamaha TZ-350 (blue number plate background) and it is either an F model, or an earlier model with an F model seat.

The concrete wall in the background does seem to indicate the location is AIR, coming onto the banking section before the front straight.

3. 100% Paul

4. yeh it is Dean Scown. He is my Uncle. If your interested I would be keen to buy from you. I don't have any photo's of him riding and for me it's only a faint memory as I was only about 10 year old when he finished racing. Mind you they were good days hanging out at Adelaide international & Malala race way.
    Let me know if your interested.
    mickscown@bigpond.com

5. Nice to see Netrider's motto of 'Connecting Riders' is still valid.

I'm not sure the Original Poster is still on Netrider, but I'd be sending him a PM and negotiating with him directly :LOL:.

6. #6 kma_jg, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Wow, what a good find. Hope you can get the poster.