Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW The Use Of "cyclist Lanes"

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Changa, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G'day all,

I live in the Campbelltown area of NSW. I do a fair bit of riding around the Macarthur area and notice there's heaps of those cycist lanes along all the main roads - the ones just for people on bicycles that run alongside normal traffic, at sets of lights etc..

The thing is, I have yet to see one single cyclist use the lanes. I'm sure that someone probably does, but I've sat in traffic so often thinking "why the hell can't we just share the lanes" ? I'm sure it can't be that hard. Make it so motorcyclists have to give way to cyclists in the lanes - easy.

Does anyone know if this has ever been considered or being lobbied for ? We can use bus lanes and transit lanes - these lanes are going to waste. And yes, I realise that my area may not be indicative of all areas, that's why I'm interested in others opinions.

Peter

2. Don't agree with that at all, it's hard enough trying to cycle amongst traffic without bikes trying to use the few cycle lanes that are actually put in practical areas

3. This has been covered 100 times. Please search before posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.