Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The ultimate netbook?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by jirf88, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Liiiinkie!

Not sure how It would go on battery life with those two screens, but they have claimed a 4.5hr max life.

[​IMG]

Could this be the ultimate netbook? Portable, compact, with a generous amount of screen real estate?

2. be a beggar to use in a plane, though :LOL:

3. Amazing, Not really in the Netbook class though.

According to Kohjinsha's official website, dual-screen netbook "DZ6KH16E" will be released in mid December, priced at 79,800 yen(about $925) on the company's online shop.

"DZ6KH16E" runs Windows 7 Home Premium powered by AMD's Athlon Neo MV-40 processor (1.6GHz) with 1GB memory and 160GB HDD, equipped with two 1024*600 display, 1seg tuner, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet LAN and IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN connectivity, 1.3M pixel camera, fingerprint sensor and built-in digital microphone. The body is durable enough to withstand 200kg weight. Battery life 4.5 hours.

4. well thats got netbook hardware appart from the screen. how much does it weight though. the problem is vertical screen real estate with netbooks anyway. this dosent help much.

5. I agree re Vertical screen space, but the 4.5 hr battery life, 160HDD and price doesn't make it a Netbook in my belief. Although I admit the Netbook classification, with Microsoft influence has been putting on weight lately. :)

6. Kinda pointless having two low res screens.

Good on them for the concept though.

7. the problem with netbook screens isn't the horizontal width, it's the vertical. All that wideness isn't any use when you can only see 10 lines of text on the screen at any given time.

I declare this entirely redundant, nothing more than a curiosity.