Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The "Trivial Questions" Thread...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Fuzzy, Jul 9, 2007.

1. .....or "things you always wanted to know, but were too afraid to ask"

I'm not afraid, so ~

1. What does ATGATT mean? edit: actually I just realised I know that one :oops:
    2. Why do we spell 'the' like 'teh'?

Ask your trivial questions here, peoples :grin:

2. All The Gear All The Time.

Because we're internet nerds and 'teh' is 'the' in L337.
  3. If you could travel at the speed of light, would it be dark?
  4. teh indicates losuy tpying, and usually somoene who hasn't leanred to type the classci way, but just by using a copmuter (guilty as charged here)

Studnets lives in the same stable :LOL:.
  5. The (teh?) deliberately misspelling of "the" is meant to be a sarcastic poke at people with lesser typing ability, really.

'T' and 'E' are hit with the left hand, 'H' is hit with the right hand - if you're in a rush, you sometimes hit E a moment before the H.

Other 'common' issues include accidentally hitting the 'z' key at the same time as 'shift' (eg: zOMG!), and holding down the '1' key slightly longer than the 'shift' key, like so!!!1

My trivial question: I understand the reason for left-foot-down on a road bike, but I'm not 100% on why right-foot-down is commonplace on a dirtbike. Why is it so?
  6. how much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

always wanted to know the answer to this one.
  7. What colour is an Orange in the dark?
  8. Right foot down so you can change into 2nd almost instantly on takeoff.

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

It's always going to be orange.

If an emo cuts themselves in a forest and no one is there to see it, does everybody still not care?

Interpret this grammatically correct sentence: "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
  9. How dark is it?
  10. I'm pretty sure Seany knows the answer to this one :grin:

Ahhh, so what's L337? No, it's fine I looked it up myself :grin:

So, are 'studnets' like net nerds but way better looking? :wink:

I think it's kind of a puce :p

Or what devotard said :)
  11. How dark is it?
  12. If buttercups are yellow, what colour are hiccups??
  13. I had a Terry's chocolate orange last night. It was light brown, but it was the milk chocolate variety. I believe they make a dark chocolate variety as well. I'm assuming it would be a darker brown what ever the ambient lighting conditions are, but in the interests of science I'd better go buy one and eat it in the dark just in case...
  14. If you were travelling at the speed of light, I personally would suggest that instead of seeing black, you would see infinite light, thus blinding you, and then you would perceive black. Why? Because if you believe that light is made from photons and they don't pass through everything, being blocked by such things as the back of your eye, then you would theoretically still intercept them regardless of what speed you were going. You would be able to see things in practically all directions simultaneously, because you would see things all the photons that occupied the same ish space that you ran into.

Why is the story about a bird and a bee? They don't have sex with each other :S
  15. Einstein>Cecil>You.
  16. I think he is referring to the fact that human perception of colour is due to the wavelength of light being reflected off the objects surface and interpreted by our eye.

So, without light, it will be void of colour, ie: Black*

*or maybe orange
  17. Black is not a color...its a shade.
  18. Realy dark. Realy, realy dark. as dark as it gets inside a black hole.

Or is it light in side a black hole??? :?

Now i have a headache :cry:

Kerching, give the rider a free something or other that sounds good but is realy worth nothing :p
  19. Who said Black was a colour??