Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The time is nigh

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by robbie55, Aug 15, 2008.

1. After so many months, tomorrow will be my first taste of a real bike.

I've been happily riding around on my 200cc scooter for quite a while but my appetite for something bigger is too strong now and I have been eyeing off bikes for months.

I've taken the aprilia mana (auto bike) out for a few test rides but have never been prepared to take out a geared bike for a test ride. Tomorrow this will all change though as I have a few hours booked with an instructer on a VTR 250 at 9am.

Look out if you are in the inner west tomorrow morning.

After that I intend hopefully to take some bikes for test ride, I have my full licence so I'll try some larger machines if I feel confident, but my head might have to win out and take the advice of so many here and stick with purchasing a GS500.

While I'm shopping though, what do you think I should I take for a spin?
    And any last words of advice for my lesson.

2. listen to what the instructor says, and do exactly what he says. I never drove a manual car because we never had one round, but i felt as confident as i could be on a manual cb250... didn't stall, picked it up quite quick. should be fine. good luck