Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The StuntCat

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Madman83, May 16, 2013.

1. So, picked up a 97 YZF600R a while ago from a friend. Had a lowside and was a stat writeoff... even though the frame was unscratched! So she's being turned into a StuntCat...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Removed the lights, dash, induction. [​IMG]

Pulled off the horn, left the bracket for the horn so the brake lines are neater which attach to it normally.
    [​IMG]
    tank off
    [​IMG]
    airbox off
    [​IMG]
    also pulled out the air induction hoses. Can't really see myself stunting in the rain and water getting in.. so removed. Left a large hole in the frame, lol..
    [​IMG]
    Surprisingly clean under the tank and airbox for a bike thats done around 90,000kms!
    Next thing I need to get is some long allen keys, as the ones I have won't be appropriate to get the carbies off. Might be able to rig something up, will see first

2. Decided it was time to spend a little time on the stuntcat...
    Didn't realise the cooling system actually hooks into the carbies on this bike, likely to help keep the bike warm as some sort of an automatic choke after the bike is running. Undid the hoses to the carbies and the green gremlin appeared.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    managed to get them off ok, two of the clips on the carby boots weren't even tightened, but must admit they would have been a biatch to get to if they were tight, lol!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Time for a good clean!
    [​IMG]
    undid the bowls and was surprisingly clean
    [​IMG]
    Can see here the vacuum chambers with the diaphrams and the spring and the jet needles where they sit:
    [​IMG]
    needles were a bit grotty though
    [​IMG]

3. and all apart
    [​IMG]
    bit grotty on the outside of the carbies themselves
    [​IMG]
    found a bit of a problem, one of the vacuum chamber covers has a hole in it, not sure how it ran very well before
    [​IMG]
    likely where someone was trying to remove the choke cable holder and stripped the head of it, the end made a hole in the cover somehow
    [​IMG]
    anyway, after a good clean, put it all back together
    [​IMG]
    Parts list needed thus far:
    - 1 new vacuum cover
    - 1 choke perch including bolt (carby side)
    - chain
    - extremely large rear sprocket
    - fork seals
    Hopefully get the parts later this week, or next week if i can.

4. and all apart
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    found a bit of a problem, one of the vacuum chamber covers has a hole in it, not sure how it ran very well before
    [​IMG]
    likely where someone was trying to remove the choke cable holder and stripped the head of it, the end made a hole in the cover somehow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - 1 new vacuum cover
    - chain
    - fork seals

5. and all apart
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - 1 new vacuum cover
    - chain
    - fork seals

6. Triple post...watching with interest.

The coolant line to the carbs is for carb de-icing. Useful in europe, not so much in Brissy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, sorry about the triple post... not easy to undo that from my pc unfortunately :( If the mods would like to delete the duplicates, would be appreciated :)

Thanks mate, that actually makes sense now i think about it :)