Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Stones Rock on

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Mcsenna, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Me and 50,000 other rock tragics will tell you the old farts still have it. Adelaide oval concert was a hoot.

2. Sounds intimate...I'm going to jiggle my bones on the 12th. Another thing ticked off my bucket list!

3. Lets hope they all last till then :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. They don't call them the strollin bones for nothing...:p

5. Concert got a great review on news.com.au this morning, as did the old Scot screamer's warm up set.
    If you've got it, it lasts; Mick's performance ability and the Jagger/Richards song-writing genius means today's hopefuls can't hope to match the Stones' longevity.
    I remember Mick some years ago commenting on their age: he said "If we were black they'd call us blues legends but because we're white they call us aging rockers".

• Like Like x 1
  6. If I had my last supper I would want to go out partying with Keith...

7. Keith Richards was born in Dec 1943, Mick Jagger in July 1943 and Charlie Watts in June 1941. Just think about it: this guy rocking on stage could potentially remember the end of WWII! Blows my mind...

8. and Jagger, I believe, is a great grand-father!!

9. But he doesn't how many times.

10. Translated into English for the punters.

11. Regardless of that, when I hear his name I think of Marianne Faithful and a Mars bar.

12. Ah yes.....

13. Do I want to ask about the mars bar...:ROFLMAO:

14. Probably not.