Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The stolen lunch...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by FormerUser1, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Yesterday's mail dropped the long-awaited 3 sets of crashbars for the Stroms...after fitting the first set last night, it was time for a quick hop across to a mate's garage to pick up his bike for tonights "surgery".

Isn't it great to have trusty mates that leave bike and garage keys with you? :D :D
    Dry roads, little traffic on the way across...after swapping bikes a quick time-check....yeaaaah, should fit :D
    A lap around the block for the warm-up, then up Mountain Hwy...no bloody lycra-jocks, not a single car...the lefthander at the bottom saw the Remuses come to life...3 bends later the veil comes down, goosebumps settled and the big twin squats and bites out of the bends, the front flighty as the Remuses bellow their way up the hill. Clear blue skies above, clean road, no traffic...the bends are MINE. The trunks of the gums fly past as she tops out in 3. in that long righthander...EVERY lunch should be like this!!!

The small truck after the turn-around at the top is a blur before the tip-in for the first lefthander....pretty much everything else after, also is.

After that it really hurts to stick the 80 limit on the way home...
    lunch's over. :cry: :cry:
  2. If I was home and not stuck here in the city I'd have heard you go past...lucky bugger :(
  3. ...you certainly would've HEARD it, jeez, that Remus system hammers even inside the helmet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I want my bike!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Should be picking it up on saturday so helpfully I can stop myself from crawling out of my skin before then.
  5. ...after all, he asked to "look after the battery" :LOL: :LOL:
    Want me to paint it stealth-grey? :LOL: :LOL:
    That's what I'm afraid of :LOL: :LOL:
    ok, hot pink then !!
  6. Neither will the Roos :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. ...starts making that spare postie waiting for you here, sound ....reasonable" ?? :LOL: :LOL:
    hey, ....and it's a HONDA !!
  8. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. I'll be there in 5, make sure its ready. :D
  10. You would have been ok if you hadn't refused to watch Skippy when you were little; they KNOW, you know........
  11. Been idling since 10 past 6, where the hell are ya? :LOL:
    Want me to warm up the tyres, too, eh? :LOL: :LOL: