Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Spurs

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by sirprice, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Did both on Sunday morning the Black at around 9 am , found it full of the usual obstacles 4wdsw way below the speed limit , clean surface no cameras sighted , then onto Reefton ,, Marysville to Warby direction which was covered in crap ranging from small bits of bark , rolling twigs to full blown branches and a little gravel thrown in for good measure . But I must add that every 4wd we came across moved over for us to pass safely and Legally where there were double solid whites :).
    The other direction seemed much cleaner.

2. did opposite direction a few hours later. Wasnt consistent surface conditions at all. Every 4wd I encountered in opposite direction seemed to be on corner entry with the 4wd cutting the corner

3. Probably by that time they had all done a pub lunch :)

4. Did it today. Still covered in the usual crap, just before Cambarville and again just before Reefton. There was very little traffic up there so maybe Easter is a good time to go after all

5. Yeah did it Saturday as part of a regular loop , Kurth Kiln , back way to Warby then Reefton, E/J feed at the Jamieson Brewery then out to Mansfield then boreway back to Kinglake , Chummy , Healsville , Kurth Kiln and home a nice 450 kay ride :)

Agreed there was some crap on Reefton but not as much as I expected ,, but for some reason I got a little side ways a couple of times and didnt see any loose on the road , but maybe it was hidden in the dappled shade ,, maybe just a cooler surface than last time I rode it.

I can highly recommend the Jamieson Brewery for lunch tho ,, cheap and good food .
    Excellent service to ..