Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Spud's gone to Mehico

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bravus, Aug 20, 2007.

1. With a bit of a lump in my throat I loaded my Spada onto a bike transport this evening and sent it off to its new home in southern NSW. It served me extremely well, and I'll definitely miss it... but I can't have two bikes, and the gixxef is definitely better for my purposes. Hope the new guy enjoys the old girl.

2. Sold it to someone here?
  3. Nah, on eBay... Shoulda carded the dude, I guess!
  4. By the way:

I bought it last July for $2600 and sold it for $2555 this month. Which means the 'rent' to use the bike for 13 months and 15,000 km was the princely sum of $45! It started first time every time and I spent virtually nothing on it in that time: an absolute bargain.
  5. Hi Bravus,

I've always had mixed feelings when moving to another bike, regrets, remorse, memories, nostalgia. I always felt a bit disloyal. :? But then there is the excitement of a new love. :)

Funny I have never felt the same way about a car. I wonder why that is?
  6. 'Cos cars are transport, bikes are part of your soul, even the ornery ones :).
  7. Perhaps, but that is just to bike riders. There are obviously people out there that get just as sentimental about their cars. Poor misguided and deluded people that they are. Obviously something wrong with them ;)
  8. No worries.