Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Road Less Travelled

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Peony, Jun 28, 2015.

1. We all have our favourite roads that we love to travel – me included – a quick run through the Royal National Park to Bald Hill, up and down Macquarie Pass, Jamberoo Road, Mt Keira and Old Pac & Putty Road. They are all fantastic rides and nothing gives me more pleasure than riding any of them but of late the enjoyment has gone out of them – too many cars, too many police, and at times too many bikes.

My solution was to move away from my comfort zone and go out and find some other roads to explore. Today I did a fun but chilly 250 kms. Went dow Bringelly Rd to the Northern Rd & onto Cobbity Rd – from there I headed up Razorback and through Picton, onto Rememberance Drive though Thirlmere, Bargo and then to Yanderra – took the turnoff to Old South Rd (pretty much deserted) and then onto Range Rd – a rough road, a bit wider than single lane but some great riding (though today most of it was in thick fog!!!) Onto Bowral, Mittagong and then I took the freeway for about 15km and then the turn off to Bargo – back up to Thirlmere and went left at the roundabout and headed off to the Oaks – and then eventually to Camden and then Camden Valley Way and home.

Old South Road

Range Road

Montpelier Drive into The Oaks
    For 95% of my trip there was literally no traffic going my way and very little travelling in the opposite direction. Enough twists to keep me happy and wonderful scenery (when there was no mist)

So my recommendation to you all is to find a road that you haven’t been on and explore and little further – you never know what you might find.

And to finish a few lines from a poem by Robert Frost (yes it is the English teacher in me coming out)

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    • Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Time for the Bonang Lisa
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. I will certainly get there TWEETTWEET ;-)
  4. That first shot with the mist in the background is lovely. How did you go riding in that PeonyPeony ? I haven't experienced fog or mist yet.
  5. I wanna ride NSW.......
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Me too PetesulPetesul . Especially Kangaroo Valley and surrounds.
  7. GoldenberriGoldenberri - slow and steady ...

PetesulPetesul Also we have a spare couple of couches if you make it up this way for a ride ;-)
  8. Not limiting myself at all.........
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. PetesulPetesul Also we have a spare couple of couches if you make it up this way for a ride ;-)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I'd fit on one PeonyPeony. Might even fit on the single seater couch!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. It was conveniently glossed over that they're under the carport PetesulPetesul ;)
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. LionzLionz not quite under the carport :)

PetesulPetesul it was meant to be one couch for you and one for GoldenberriGoldenberri - unfortunately no spare couch for Max ;-)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Great to get out on new roads PeonyPeony, can get a bit stale on the same old same old, heaps of country to see just in our own "backyard"
  13. Bonang Road best road.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. definitely on my to do list!!!