Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The REAL message of nursery rhymes

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, May 18, 2007.

1. It has long been believed that nursery rhymes are more than just fanciful poems, composed to amuse children in ages gone by. All sorts of interpretations have been placed on them but since the original authors are not available to comment, these must remain theories.

However, I can now reveal that nursery rhymes, are, in fact prophectical, reaching right to our very days, and predicting the many and varied experiences of motorcyclists. To whit;

Jack and Jill went up the hill,
    To fetch a pail of water
    Jack fell down and broke his crown
    And Jill came tumbling after.

This is clearly a dual 'rider-down' prophecy. Jack went up the Black Spur, and Jill accompanied him. Their aim was some non-alcoholic refreshment, since both were riding, and since it was a hot day, they required not just a glass of water, but a pail of water.

Sadly, however, Jack's ambitions exceeded his abilities and he fell victim to the dangers of the road, and crashed, sustaining head injuries. This was probably because he skimped on the purchase of his helmet, and bought a cheapie. But worse was to follow, because Jill, watching what was happening, and not her own line through the corner, also fell. The extent of her injuries are as yet not defined.

Consider also;

Little Miss Muffett
    Sat on her tuffett
    Eating her curds and whey
    Down came a spider
    And say down beside her
    And frightened Miss Muffett away.

What is pictured here is the interplay between Miss-DJ, at coffee night at Southbank, quietly enjoying a vegitarian snack, when Vic, the spider of the piece, came and sat down beside her. Not anxious to hurt his feelings, but afraid because of his reputation, she politely moved away..

and so forth :)

2. Ooooooo kayyyyyyy

Time for your medication, dear.

3. I like it, totally off the wall... we need more people like this.

Steve :)

4. I've oftened wondered what 'ring-a-ring-a-rosie' was about. :LOL:
    Touch that one if you dare.

Scheff

5. I love your interpretation of Jack and Jill :LOL:

I'm with Steve - we do need more people like you Paul... :)

Chef wrote:
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :LOL:

6. Hehehe, come on Rosie, what's it about?

Scheff

7. yeah, c'mon Rosie, the thread was meant to provoke other people to find the meanings of other nursery rhymes. So give it a go.

{anyone want to have a bash at Humpty Dumpty, before Vic sees the 'Little Miss Muffett' bit and locks the thread??? :LOL:}.

8. The only interpretation I can come up with has absolutely zero to do with bikes - although there is riding involved.

:LOL:

Ring a Ring a Rosie - Well it's obviously some guy smitten with me who's decided to take a chance and pick up the phone and dial my number.

A pocket full of posies - he turns up on my doorstep looking absolutely ravishing in a suit of excellent design with a sword at his side and a bunch of flowers in his hand.

Ashes Ashes - We are sooo hot together

We all fall down - figure it out. :cool:

Ramblings of a ramblesome woman :LOL:

I wanted to hear Paul's take on that nursery rhyme - mine's depressing :cry: and downright lame! :LOL:

9. :LOL:

Mine's nowhere near as good as that, and certainly not as romantic (or Freudian :LOL:).

Ring a ring a rosie

A bloke rings Rosie on the phone, and asks if he can ride over

A pocket full of posies

Rosie says yes, but you'd better bring flowers

On the way, however, he hits some ashes on a tight corner, and......

10. humpty dumpty sat on a wall
    humpty dumpty had a great fall
    all the kings horses and all the kings men
    couln't put humpty together again

Well firstly humpty is the noob who is fully sick riding his motorcycle when he squid style smashes and then sits bleeding on the gutter (wall, fall) for the abo's to turn up.

Then comes on netrider complaing to us the real rider community about the injustice of his / her predicament. And how we the good kings men and women riding our motorcycles try and sothe said noobs frustration with compasion. Only to be frustrated with said squids calouse nature and flat out refusal to accept the accident was in the end his fault and we are all "fags" and the good king bans squid....

sound familiar?

:roll:

Edit: errr sorry i just re read it its a good bit unfunny.... someone else have a go. sorry.