Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Putty Road

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by STMike, Jan 15, 2007.

1. :grin:
    Hi All,

Looking for info on the Putty road, NSW. Heard that the speed limit is set at 60 for a lot of the road??
    Want to try it on the way to Coffs Harbour, appreciate any input.

2. Nope, not the case at all.

From Wilberforce to the bottom of the Colo Valley it is 80kph, with a section at 40kph through Colo in school term. The twisties out of the Colo Valley are also 80, but no-one ever does that :).

After there it's 100kph all the way through to the Ten Mile, where it's a 60 limit with posted corner speeds, then between 80-100kph to Bulga, then 100kph all the way into Singleton.

If you want an enjoyable ride after that, check out a thread called The Three Points Ride, in which is a detailed recce of a route that gets you to Walcha on the Oxley Highway, at which you can turn right and head down to Port Macquarie then Coffs, instead of turning left and going to Tamworth (which is what we did).
  3. Putty Road

Cheers, Great info. The idea of avoiding Tamworth appeals. Look forward to the ride. :grin:
  4. sorry paul i will pay more attention next time
  5. err, if you read the thread to which I referred (and notice that I mentioned Walcha :roll:) you would have noticed that that is the route I suggested......