Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The perils of riding....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by I Adore Vic, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ...lots. Doing a fair few kms each day....PI to Altona region and back...before that I was doing PI to Prahran and back since last July.

Anyway - it's starting to show!

I'm getting a callous on my throttle thumb! There's a hard rounded slightly raised spot of skin there. :LOL:

My Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots broke last night - the clear cord stuff that winds up/tightens the toe area - was worn through - most prob from adjusting too much due to wearing too much due to riding too much.

I reckon I'm gonna go all bowlegged soon.

Wish I was riding better rds though. Imagine if my commute was Gippy rds or Spurs each day. Perhaps I should b emoving to the mountains/hills and not West side!
  2. When you get callouses on your arse then maybe you've been on the bike a long time! :LOL:
  3. You do more than your fair share of kms Rosie.
    I have no advice for you other than to drive a car .....

.... :-k on 2nd thought, I'd rather put up than be driving again :p

4. :shock: what ya wanna do that for all, we all know the east is the place to be :p
  5. West side has things I love (ship...work) and things I adore ;) And he is a thing isn't he. :wink: :LOL:
  6. If you are going for the bow legged look the you will have to develop a drawl to go with it :p
  7. Not sure that I could handle that sort of commute on the bike. These days, as I get older, if I have to endure freeway/highway travel, then a car with cruise control and a halfway decent radio/stereo is the go for me.
  8. Back in the days when my bike was my sole means of transport and recreation, I was marked, not by bow leggedness, but by a little callous on the inside of my right thumb, as a result of manipulating a throttle.

Now that I'm back to having no choice but to ride to work, I think it's coming back....