Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'The Pace' article by Nick Ienatsch

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by fekkinell, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Not sure if this has been posted before, but even if it has, it's still excellent reading and excellent advice.

Source: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/flashback/122_0911_the_pace_nick_ienatsch/index.html

• Like Like x 4
  2. That's a great way of describing what we all love
  3. I'm trying to get into the habit of setting up the front brake for each corner and trailing it in. What I normally do is just roll off the throttle, which is fine for setting the corner speed but not so good if the road surface isn't as predicted ....
  4. I'm glad he got rid - if I remember rightly - of the section that told riders how they should dress in order not to offend the good citizens.
  5. The search function is not my friend. When I used said search function, it gave no results. The search function is a belligerent sod.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Just copying the first sentence of the article into the search box produced accurate results...

I know not everyone is a search expert, but surely it isn't too hard to choose a search criteria which would uniquely identify the article?

I find the search function here reasonably good actually - basic search does roughly what you need and more advanced option is available if you want it. It is just boolean searching
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I searched for 'the pace' how much more relevant does Hal 9000 need it to be? :roll:
  8. Well considering the the word 'the' is one of the most common words in english and the word 'pace' is bound to appear a million times on a motorcycle site then you need to at least be specific enough to choose a mix of words to uniquely identify the article. It is akin to searching for "computers" on google hoping to find something about how a PC works.

The search terms would be to involve the author here. i.e. use "Nick Ienatsch pace"
  9. Fair enough. I'm going to go and have a glass of wine and hang out with the dog now.
  10. I just stumbled across this article - it makes for great reading

The Pace
    Separating street from track, riding from racing

By Nick Ienatsch February 24, 2009
    The Pace
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. He's updated his theory since the original (to 2.0). While it makes sense, I still kind of like the original. Either way, it's worth reading.
    I saw that he recapped 2.0 earlier this year on that site.