Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The only way to fly!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Flylo, Dec 9, 2011.

1.  Top
  2. that looks fan bloody tastic

3. He's as high as a kite :-w

Gave the marker with the balloons a scare!

4. Yeah. I would have liked to see the footage from his camera, if he didn't move. :grin:

5.  Top
  6. A w e s o m e ! ! ! !

7. Thanks Lilley! That's a great doco into his life. I think this sums it up?

"The reality is no matter what you do in this life, it's coming to an end. Once you accept there's nothing you can do about your own mortality, then you are now free. You have no control... so stop pretending you do, and just get on with your life and stop living in fear." Jeb Corliss.

8. Love that video !
    Reminds me of the bloke with 2 (?) jet engines strapped onto a 'wing' on his back..someone may have posted that here a while ago.

That bit where the dude holding the balloon ducks for cover is serious hard-on material !

9.  Top
  10. Wingsuit flying has been around for years, nearly ten from when I first heard about it, and probably several before that. The first videos on the net were about this bloke called the birdman.

Proximity flying has been around nearly as long, that stuff is properly insane, people flying along the face of a cliff nearly touching it. There has been a clip around for years of a guy nearly brushing a wall then coming out to a mountain pass road with all spectators. You see the view from the pilot cam and the spectator cam, crazy stuff. Haven't seen it in a long time.

11. It makes me sad that I could probably never bring myself to do something like this. Powered flight though, I'm on it.

Also, the Rocket Man