Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The One Bike... for you

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Lumoto, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Ok I just want to find out if you could only have one bike forever, that you couldn't sell and had to do absolutely everything on 2 wheels for you... which bike would it be?

So again... one bike to do everything for the rest of your life... your choice?

2. are you asking about getting a bike or getting married? :D

correct number of bikes is N+1 (or if married N+1.. yes dear -1)
    • Funny Funny x 5
  3. I was thinking about this yesterday. My conclusion was impossible for me for bikes.

I then thought about my conclusion was an Audi SQ5 could serve as the last and only car I could ever have that could do everything. Although I'd be driving an SUV and that makes me sad.
  4. LumotoLumoto that is my exact predicament.
    My next bike will be my last. Getting too old and have to be a bit of a realist here. (Wow the pills ARE working)
    I really really coveted that Aprilia RSV4R :cry: but way too short for it (and being honest would never have been able to ride it with any aplomb). I kept the paperwork from the deposit etc to remind me.
    Bastids now keep inviting me to test rides, track days on your "dream bike" etc. prick teasers!

Nothing else since has really grabbed me again by the short and curlies like that Ape RSV4R did, but have stopped myself from even looking for now.

Is that not friggin beautiful?...now this is p0rn for me...bugger RRDevils epic boob thread...hot hot hot...
    although I would ditch that shitty pipe before I could ride him...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. OldmaidOldmaid - wait till you go for a spin on my brutale.......
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Remember this isn't about dream bike... Although it might be one and the same... this is the one bike you would choose if you had to stick to it and only it. It has to be everything you want on two wheels forever. A do all things you value bike.

A desert island bike if you like.
  7. I'm also a proponent of the N+1 rule (where N=the current number of bikes currently owned) but after owning approx 20 odd bikes I I'm very happy with my current K1300r (I've had it for 2 years which is a record for me).
    160HP at the rear wheel, weighs about 240Kgs wet, shaft drive, tonnes of baggage options, it's easy to commute with or ride for over 1,000KMs in a day.

Also OldmaidOldmaid
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. well that limits the choices a bit....

good traction and power to weight, probably shaft drive, plenty of space to add luggage, great on sand... maybe a bit hard on the nads for a 1000km day...
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Trust me LumotoLumoto I would have slept with that bike and done indecent things to it...seriously...I can't explain it...I just love it and when I saw that bike it was like an electric jolt and I am sure the sales' boys all thought I was the local village idiot with my mouth agape and tongue hanging out...
    I really stroked that bike in an unseemly manner...it would have been my forever bike...like Romeo and Juliet...
    Excuse me ...I'll be back in a moment ;)

WombleWomble they are truly repulsive...they look a bit ummm special to me...wouldn't people peg rocks at me or drop coins at my feet if I wore those? :eek:
  10. Desert island... figuratively speaking. You don't actually have to be on one. Hehe.
  11. I hear you :)
  12. Ive thought about this b4.

1. Has to have power
    2. has to be comfortable.
    3. has to serve lots of purposes (obviously)
    4. has to cruise without straining.
    5. has to handle the twists reasonably
    6. has to take a pillion.
    7. has to be reliable.
    8. should be able to take off road

only thing I can come up with would be a large adventure bike like a GS1200, super tenere, triumph tiger 1200 etc. So if everyone pools together, you now know what I'd like for Christmas.

I probably forgot something really important on my list?
  13. Desert Island....

A man is stranded on a desert island, all alone for ten years. One day, he sees a speck in the horizon. He thinks to himself, “It’s not a ship”. The speck gets a little closer and he thinks, “It’s not a boat”. The speck gets even closer and he thinks, “It’s not a raft”.

Then, out of the surf comes this gorgeous blonde woman, wearing a wet suit and scuba gear. She comes up to the guy and she says, “How long has it been since you’ve had a cigarette?” “Ten years!” he says. She reaches over, unzips a waterproof pocket on her left sleeve and pulls out a pack of fresh cigarettes. He takes one, lights it, takes a long drag and says, “Man, oh man! Is that good!”

Then she asks, “How long has it been since you’ve had a drink of whiskey?” He replies, “Ten years!” She reaches over, unzips her waterproof pocket on the right, pulls out a flask and gives it to him. He takes a long swig and says, “Wow, that’s fantastic!”

Then she starts unzipping this long zipper that runs down the front of her wet suit and she says to him, “And how long has it been since you’ve had some REAL fun?” And the man replies, “My God! Don’t tell me you’ve got a motorcycle in there!”
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. If I had to choose one - MV Agusta
    Tourismo Veloce
  15. You'd be riding too fast for them to hit you.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mine would have to be the rare DuYaKaSuHo
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Probably the BMW S1000XR for the do everything except offroad.
  18. seriously, XJR/FJR1300 ... Although if a RC8R looked at me sideways, and I could get panniers for it...... Black or Orange, not white.

An RC8R is like latinum, I've had 1 single, solitary ride. It's my lotto bike.