Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The "Nod"

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Browncoat, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I returned to riding about 8 months or so ago after a lay off of 15 years and one thing that has really stuck out to me is the lack of the "gday nod".

When I used to ride back in the day it was commonplace for riders to say hello to each other as they passed with a nod or tip of the helmet. These days it seems very uncommon.

What has happened? When did we become such a discourteous bunch? Or is it just me that everyone is ignoring? 8-[
  2. There's been lots of threads about this.

People are just lame, these days: re- the nod.
  3. I think nodding should be taught in schools.
  4. I nod you
    You nod me
    We're a happy family
    With a great big hug
    And a kiss from me to you
    Won't you nod to me too?
  5. *ignores resmen and nods and some random hot dude on an R1
  6. haha lol how dare you but I want a nod and I want it NOW.
  7. *nods at another random hot dude on a speed triple
  8. There is no nod.
  9. :-O .... :-O noooooooooo!
  10. I need to work on my 'nod' technique
  11. Is it the affirmative up down technique or the negative right left technique that needs working :)
  12. (Q) How many Netriders does it take to change a light bulb?
    (A) 10

1 to change the bulb, 7 to nod in approval, 1 start a thread about it, 1 to point out the mistakes, and 1 to crack the shits and leave
  13. Hahahaha =D>
  14. Errr, isn't that 11.....lol

15. Wow, that didn't take long
  16. bwahahahaha niiiiiiiiicely done! hehehehe

*nods in approval
  17. Haha well played sir.

I nod to everyone, sportsbikes, tourers, cruisers, scooters, harleys pretty much only the sportsbike & tourers give a nod, cruisers hardly ever, scooters on occasion and harleys probably 10 nods max since I've been riding.

When it was like my first time on major roads I was first at the lights and a harley came up the inside of the lane to my left, he stopped, looked at me and I nodded, the guy looked forward and revved his machine, I laughed and waited for the lights, and once green he took off pretty fast that was my first 'lol' moment on the bike.
  18. Well i rotate techniques based on how im feeling. I give the affermative up and down nod when im feeling like im serious and im on a mission, and the negative right left technique when im feeling very australian and 'g'day mate'. haha :busting:

PS: Chef that was a classic, very well done
  19. I got a nod from the plod today. I didnt nod back.
    Im hardcore baby! \\:D/
  20. I always nod to the plod. I respect their bike cops :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.