Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The new bike nearly hit the deck, what a save!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by removed-6, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Yep, the 600 came within inches of hitting the pavement. The pavement in my back yard that is! I was cleaning the bike (1st time :oops: ) and had been on my son's case to "be careful" around daddy's bike while he was playing and riding his bike around, so I decided to move it out of his way a bit and after I wheeled it back a bit, looked down at the stand to check, as I leaned it over to rest, seemed OK. After I let go, out of the corner of my eye I see it coming towards me :shock: and I had just enough time (and strength) to grab it before it touched down. Luckily it fell against my leg which helped in the save.
    Holy Sh#t! That was close...................won't do that again I tell you now.

2. nice save on the gixxer!!!!!
    have same prob with my son too.. lvoes to climb on "daddy bike" and being nearly 2 its hard for him to understand when i tell him its dangerous he he... when i do chain or clean it he is always over trying to help and to climb on!!!! nearly tipped on him that way...

but again... great save!!!!

3. [img:399:248:c6df0ea966]http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/ktulu/uchampionjpg.jpg[/img:c6df0ea966]

4. Sounds like you and Egiste have stuff in common. Pretty sure that Seany won't want you anywhere near his bike though :p

5. What a discovery. With legs, which come free, who would still need crash bars.

6. Nice save.

Now save yourself time, worry and effort and put it on a race stand when washing it!

Heaps easier too.

7. I'm in the process of making one atm, next time it will be on the stand. :grin: