Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The New 2013 BMW R1200GS - A Couple of Early Reviews

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Wayned, Jan 30, 2013.

1. #1 Wayned, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. hmmm... but is it as good on road as the multistrada?
  3. both are friggin overpriced!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I certainly won't be as fast. But the KTM 1190 Adv will be.:)
  5. How it all goes together -

6. I hope they've improved their engines and build quality. Frankly, I found the 1150GS and the 1200GS to be somewhat agricultural, like something that would have epitomised the best of Soviet-era engineering...not bad but with definite room for improvement, and clearly built by and for peasantry who were strong of arm, broad of back and thick of skull. The older motors were anaemic; I once rode an 1150 that would've lost a tug-of-war to an asthmatic snail.

I realise the GS series are enormously popular but I reckon there are cheaper, better, more reliable bikes out there. Since the average GS owner in fact never strays from sealed roads despite their Dakar pretensions, I submit that either the Honda CrossTourer or the Triumph Tiger Explorer would be equally suitable for dentists who like to sit bolt upright while droning along the Pacific Highway for hours on end.