Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Motorcycle as a Movie Prop.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by cjvfr, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Movies occasionally have a good Motorcycle scene. Lots of bad ones as well. So how about putting up ones that you may have seen. I will start with the great Silent movie comic Buster Keaton and the motorcycle scene from Sherlock Jr

2. Or Motorpsycho from the people that bought you Faster Pussykat Kill Kill

3. Or the Miniskirt Mob, subtitled "They Play around with murder like they play around with men" or "They Ride hard no matter what they are mounted on"

4. "She Devils on Wheels" or The Man Eaters.Wild Vicious with motorcycles for their lovers.

5. #5 cjvfr, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Or more seriously the Australian move "Stone", corny at times but worth a look at the movie if you get a chance. (Edited to Add: Make sure you get the full directors cut restored version. The final scene was cut from the theatrical release and casts the movie in a completely different light.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mad Max 1

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #7 cjvfr, Jan 15, 2015
    The Wild One with Marlon Brando. Considered an influential film of its time. "A gang of hot riding hotheads who ride into, terrorize and take over a town" or "after a while you go to have fun .. and if someone gets hurt .. thats just tough" :) Corny.

You can see the influences this movie had on Mad Max.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Clint Eastwood Bike chase scene from "Coogans Bluff" this movie led to the 70s cop drama series McCloud.

9. The British movie for Hammer's house of horror. "The Damned" "Animals dressed as human beings ... Smash Smash Smash"

10. The bike chase scene from Mission Impossible 2, featuring the amazing transforming tyres:

11. #11 cjvfr, Jan 15, 2015
    Or for a taste of the Far East "Delinquent Girl Boss: Ballad of the Yokohama Hoods"

Make sure you watch the big shoot em up samarai sword scene at 2:18

12. :) Go to get some of those tyres. Amazing accuracy too, from a pistol, shooting backwards from the back of a moving bike.

13. It's a bit concerning how both bikes just explode at the end for no visible reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. What made me fall in love with motorcycles and gave me my dream bike... one day I will own one... stupid renos...

15. Top Gun, starring the mighty GPZ900R/750 (depending on who you ask):

16. How about the chase scene in Terminator?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. The Great Escape

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Ghost Rider motorcycle was pretty bad ass![​IMG]

19. A close shave

• Like Like x 1
  20. Well, if they hadn't had motorcycles in the movie, they'd have had to call it something else.

"The Girl on a Motorcycle (French: La motocyclette), also known as Naked Under Leather, is a 1968 British-French film starring Alain Delon, Marianne Faithfull,"

Oh....OK....Naked Under Leather works, too.