Separate names with a comma.
Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.
Discussion in 'The Pub' started by smee, Sep 15, 2009.
Gotta love top Gear
Oddly enough, I had a 2009 Ford Insipid... er, Ford Fiesta while I was in the UK, for a rental car.
Unfortunately I had one of the 1.25 litre versions, which meant I either had 60hp or 80hp, unlike Clarkson's mighty 1.6L 120hp version.
* Super-quick steering; feels like only 2 turns from lock to lock.
* Suspension setup is generally nice though a bit underdamped at freeway speeds.
* Lots of expensive-car features like power-windows and a fancy radio/etc computer.
* Lots of cheap-car cheapness in places where they tried to save money.
* Tiny engines have to rev hard to make power. This one runs out of breath at 5000rpm, right where a tiny engine should be coming onto cam.
* 1.25L engine becomes an entertaining exercise in energy management, much like how Chairman says he rides his Madass 50.
Generally felt like a nice cheap small car.
Ford's own advertising materials say:
* 60hp 1.25L engine gets 52mpg
* 120hp 1.6L engine gets 49mpg
I know which one I'd take. fcuk the environment, double the horsepower!
yeah i watched that a while ago. Not a fan of the new fiesta, although clarkson does put a good case for them........
The Hyundai Getz is still the king of car rentals........ get the guts flogged out of them day after day, and still run A1 at the end of lease.
Seen it before, but hell, I can watch it again and again and I still laugh as hard every time.
Clarkson for PM. :wink:
Geeze he's a funny bastard