Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The most expensive road bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by davidk, Sep 25, 2015.

1. At £138,000, the Honda RC213V-S is the world's most expensive road-going motorcycle.
    (yes....that's pounds sterling!)

Honda RC213V-S review - Telegraph

2. No bike should cost that much unless it's dipped in gold.
  3. I thought that there Oval piston version had that record
  4. It did, at the time. But with the increase in the world's number of billionaires Honda figures they can ask for more. They'll get it too, I bet.
  5. If I had the money I'd buy it. Why not? It's a goddamn MotoGp bike for the road!
    And on sunny days, I'd park right at the front door of the cafe. admiring the bike while I eat my avo on toast. Then laugh as they envious mofos talk shit about me and the bike!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 159bhp? I expected something more bonkers given it's supposed to be a motogp bike for the road.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is why it's so great. If you have the money, you have the means to get Honda to put the real ECU tune in. The hp restriction is purely because they restrict the throttle mapping and such so it can pass the sound testing (and emmissions I guess), hence why the US gets the most restricted version.

So imagine this, you have the money to buy this, so you have a very rare bike. Then if you are wealthy and connected enough, you then have Honda apply the real ECU mapping and voila! Let the haters hate.