Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The lucky squids

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Siwagod, Apr 24, 2013.

1. #1 Siwagod, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    This just cropped up on FB. This is what happens to you without gear, if you're LUCKY.

Newbies and oldies a like take note. Good reminder of just how fragile the human body is. It's your only one, look after it.

I44EBuQ.

YrawWcl.

iz0VVwb.

3AtnN6k.

ipU7S34.

jkO2dsm.

The album: http://imgur.com/a/3fiDD

Post re-instated to original - Justus

2. :eek:

I bet he is glad he had a helmet on ...

3. Jesus, his back :eek:

4. She'll be right mate, you can buff that out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. +1 for the helmet....the road rash i've had shit as bad as that on the pushie (mind you i've had alot of bad bmx accidents in my early days....waking up from a coma to a tube being pulled outta yo wang sucks.)

6. ^^^obviously woke up at EXACTLY the wrong time...

7. woke up to some ugly female nurse....might not have been as bad if she was hot :/

8. And that happened after a BMX crash? How did you manage that!?!

9. ah the coma was young....like 14...drunk....riding fast along a street at night dragging some poor sods garden hose i'd nicked off with for a giggle behind me....hose swung over to the side of the road n got caught under a parked cars tyre....i essentially ended up being slingshotted about 10 metres in the air n landed on head/shoulders.....apparently took 6 ambo's to hold me down as i was having seizures n shit

edit....slingshotted down the road in the air ....not 10 metres UP in the air

• Like Like x 1

10. That's not nearly as epic as I was hoping for.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. *nods* the epic ones never do as much damage (y) i speak from experience

12. LHS petrol tank is destroyed but oggy knob looks perfect. How did he manage that.

13. He is now the Hugh Hefner of squids. *

*Since chicks dig scars.

14. I love that the bike is meticulously tied down....I'd have just thrown it in and put an ocky strap across it to stop it bouncing out...

Kobo :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. There's a whole website of images like that - or rather, much, much worse - with the moral of the story being one should not ride motorcycles. If you don't mind me, OP, rewriting your words, the author of that website could write: This is what happens to you ride a motorcycle, if you're LUCKY. Of course you could argue that it is not necessarily the case that a rider will come to a bad end, but likewise it's hardly necessary that those those of us who dress down at times will suffer for it either. The same logic in both cases. But really, I should cut down my words and just quote adprom above. Search 'squid' and see how ubiquitous are such threads. Obeying the golden rule - not crashing - is worth more than all the racer boy leathers in the world.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Lol, was tempted to do that with son's bike when it fell over on the trailer, then later broke a handlebar. Not nearly as much damage as this, but if anything else had happened, we would have drained some of the fuel and used it to set the bastard on fire.

17. #17 Siwagod, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    Not saying those who dress down will end up like this. Remember that squid, like you said, covers a range of things from riding outside your skill level to trying to show off, doesn't just mean riding naked and I never meant as such.
    But I agree, pretty much can be covered by 'lucky rider' of any sort. I simply copied across the title from the posting I stumbled across.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blessed are the squids, for theirs shall be the kittens?

19. Gravel rash doesn't scare me much. Sure, I'd rather not have it but it's rarely fatal and having a bit of scar tissue ain't the end of the world.

20. "Broken bones heal and chicks dig scars"